Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hi Ya!

I was born on a small farm in the middle of Ohio during a full moon while a tornado was about to hit the shack my mother was giving birth. I was swept up into the storm and carried several hundred yards, but finally the tornado set me gently down into the fork of a tree where a horned owl watched over me until my parents found me. A doctor was called, his name was Dr. Wiggles, and he found me with a slight laceration on the occipital portion of my forming cranium. He tended to it expertly and here I am today.
Ok, none of that is true. I was born in Michigan in a hospital where I did take hold of my umbilical cord and the railing of the "weigh station" in the birthing room.
I grew up, much like Dr. Rouzie, up the hill to a wooded area that I often pioneered as a lad. However, the ecological area I think I will use for this course is the jungle I worked in while I studied primates in Costa Rica (like the one to the right).

Although it was almost fifteen years ago, my memory and pictures should serve me well.
I look forward to reading and sharing experiences your experiences and postings.
Rock

1 comment:

  1. Gee I liked the fictional version . . . I'd have said "where I was eaten by an owl"

    ReplyDelete